Situated at the lower end of the digestive tract, the colon/rectum may develop cancerous growth as a form of polyp initially. Such polyps take place in the inner lining of the colon. This medical condition is more common in older adults. However, it can occur at any age.
In many cases, colon cancer comes with no early signs. There’s a term called colorectal cancer. It suggests the presence of malignant growth in the colon and rectum that begins in the rectum. For polys, doctors may recommend routine screening and tests in order to prevent cancer formation. Get a biopsy test in Siliguri under modern medical apparatus.
What are the signs of colon cancer?
People may not realize if it’s colon cancer. Thus, medical diagnosis is of immediate need. Signs associated with this disease involve:
- Presence of blood in your poop or when you wipe. Know that it doesn’t mean you have colon cancer for sure. Get medical attention soon after noticing.
- Belly pain with no obvious reason accompanied by ongoing belly pain, gas, and cramps might indicate colon cancer. See your healthcare provider early on so that the doctor can find out the reason for it.
- Ongoing changes in your bowel habits, such as constipation, diarrhea. Experiencing such signs requires medical attention but it doesn’t mean the person definitely has colon cancer. If you often feel the need to poop, tell your doctor.
- Unintentional weight is absolutely a matter of concern. Many health conditions cause weight loss. Speak to your doctor without procrastination for medical supervision.
- Unexplained fatigue or vomiting or if these are ongoing require expert assistance. Clinical diagnostic tests and physical examinations are of need so that you can prevent complications later on.
- Bloated stomach has several causes, such as eating/drinking too fast, smoking, irritable bowel syndrome, heartburn, food intolerance, anorexia, inflammatory bowel disease, stress. It may pinpoint liver cancer as well but you have other signs of this disease at the same time.
- Anemia, fatigue, and weakness may result from a malignant growth in the colon/rectum. In case the tumors bleed into the digestive tract may cause a loss of iron. And there come signs like anemia. Anemia can cause fatigue and weakness.
Prevention of colon cancer
To prevent the risk of colon cancer, focus on healthy eating. Add fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains to your diet plan. Feel free to skip foods that give you allergic reactions. Maintain a healthy body weight through moderate exercise and food choices. Go for a biopsy test if recommended by your general physician or cancer specialist. Do your biopsy test in Siliguri under theleading oncology centre in town.
Refrain from smoking and alcohol consumption. If you limit alcohol consumption, you still carry a risk of various diseases. Regular screening and tests advised by your doctor keep you from the chance of colon cancer. Doctors may prescribe preventive meds. Make sure not to take any preventive meds without consulting a medical healthcare provider.