Cancer is a disease that can affect not just your health but also your emotional and psychological wellbeing. Cancer makes hope seem like a long-lost friend, and a feeling of negativity surrounds you and your family. In these times, cancer treatments become instruments of hope and give you a fighting chance against your cancer.
Radiation therapy is one of the most advanced and well-known cancer treatments. It is a pain-free solution that can help you overcome your pains and resolve your health issues. At the best oncology centre in Siliguri, you can find this treatment that will support you in your battle against cancer.
A Brief Look Into Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy (likewise called radiotherapy) is a type of cancer therapy that utilizes high radiation to kill cancer cells and help shrink tumors. At low doses, radiation is implemented with x-rays to see inside your body, similar to x-rays of your teeth or broken bones.
How Radiation Therapy Manages Cancer
At high portions, radiation therapy kills cancer cells or stalls their development by harming their DNA. Cancer cells with destroyed DNA cannot multiply and hence stop spreading. When the cancer cells die off, the body disposes of them.
Radiation therapy doesn't kill cancer cells immediately after the treatment. It requires days of therapy before the DNA is weak enough for cancer cells to die off. Then these cancer cells continue to wither for weeks or months after radiation therapy ends.
The Importance Of Radiation Therapy
In most cases of cancer, patients surprisingly get radiation therapy as an option to fend off cancer. Doctors use radiation therapy to treat practically every sort of malignant growth. Radiation therapy is likewise valuable in treating some benign tumors.
Your doctor might propose radiation treatment as an option during your cancer treatments and for various reasons, including:
- As the primary therapy for your cancer.
- Before the medical procedure, to shrink a tumor down
- After the surgery, to stop the development of any leftover cancer cells.
- In addition to other options, like chemotherapy to bring down cancer cells.
- In cases with advanced stages of cancer, to ease the side effects of the disease.
Protect Your Skin During Radiation Therapy
Your skin can receive the most damage during a radiation therapy session. Take a look at some tips you can use to protect your skin.
- Abstain from wearing tight apparel over the area where you're getting treatment.
- Abstain from scratching, scrubbing, or rubbing the place where you got radiated.
- Talk with your physician before using a warming cushion or ice pack on the area of radiation.
- Talk to your physician about using sunscreen on the spot to safeguard it from daylight.
- Use a gentle cleanser and tepid water while cleaning the region to avoid scouring.
- Chat with your primary care physician before shaving the area of radiation.
- Consult your PCP before applying any substance, like creams, fragrances, or antiperspirants.
Radiation therapy is an excellent treatment option that does not have a lasting effect on your body. Radiation therapy also helps reduce the danger of cancer and provides guaranteed results against your cancer. At the best oncology centre in North Bengal, you can avail this treatment and get the chance to overcome your cancer.
Cancer is just another disease, not a life sentence. You can overcome cancer and live a happy and fulfilling life. So instead of grouching and being negative, take the road to positivity and seek early and timely treatments. Find your solution to your cancer and let life win over it.