The reach of cancer is advancing. Today, cancer has become one of the prominent health compliant worldwide. In simple words, cancer is a disease marked by the uncontrolled division of unusual cells in the body. Abnormal cell division can spread to other parts of the body as well. Early diagnosis and treatment benefit healing.
Not every cancer type shows early signs. Several of its types grow progressively. Symptoms often are associated with the stage of cancer. Abnormal lumps, night sweats, unexplained fever, vaginal bleeding after menopause, and ongoing bone pain are nothing to ignore. Receive chemotherapy in Siliguri under the leading oncologist in North Bengal.
Get medical assistance in order to determine the underlying cause. Warning signs of cancer can be:
- Chronic coughing
- Ongoing bone pain
- Chronic headaches
- Excessive bruising
- Persistent sores/lesions in the mouth
- Frequent infections
- Frequent fever
- Trouble swallowing
- A lump felt in your breast
- Brest discoloration
- Recurrent bloating
- Unexplained weight loss
- Persistent constipation
- Ongoing tarry stools
- Vaginal bleeding after menopause
- Bloody urine
- Skin changes
- Unusual stomach pain that lasts more than 14 days
A doctor can confirm the reason with a proper diagnosis. If your doctor orders immediate tests or diagnostic procedures, get tests done. Chemotherapy is one of the popular types of cancer therapy, using medicines /drugs to destroy cancer cells in the body. This blog shares what cancer types may need chemotherapy.
- Breast cancer. This cancer type occurs in the cells of the breasts and is common in women and rare in men. For larger tumours, doctors may suggest chemotherapy before surgery. This procedure makes the surgical removal of tumours easier. Also, it prevents the tumour from spreading to other parts of your body.
- Leukaemia.Commonly, leukaemia involves white blood cells. Chemotherapy appears to be a promising treatment for killing leukaemia cells. Medical experts, depending upon the type and stage of leukaemia, may ensure individual or combination of drugs.
- Ovarian cancer. The ovaries are organs in the female reproductive system that accounts for producing and storing eggs. Plus, the ovaries make hormones that regulate menstrual cycles. In order to kill the malignant cells, specialists may use chemotherapy. Usually, doctors recommend using this treatment after surgery.
- Lung cancer. As the name implies, it begins in the cells of the lungs. Smoking is the greater risk of lung cancer globally. Based on the stage of cancer, your doctor may give one or more chemotherapy drugs via oral medication or intravenous procedure.
- Multiple myeloma. It’s a type of blood cancer in the plasma cell. Among other cancer therapies, chemotherapy appears to be a successful treatment in order to destroy fast-growing malignant cells. Oncologists may advise taking it before the bone marrow transplant procedure.
If you suspect any cancer symptoms, do not procrastinate. Early access to healthcare reduces the risk and further complications. Undergoing proper diagnostic procedures and tests, helps doctors examine the extremity of the disease. Get in touch with your medical expert and have optimal healing.